Welcome to my Blog about Food and Well-being!

I am often asked to share my knowledge of food and recipes. After changing my diet four years ago from a typical "Western" diet to a mostly whole-foods and plant-based diet, I have seen incredible changes in my health and well-being. I have spent countless hours researching and love helping those who are ready to feel better. The underlying theme? YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT. Read on to find out more.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Have You Started Yet?

We're now in February and I'm curious to know how many of you have started cutting out the processed foods to move towards a more whole foods diet. It's so easy to say it's a resolution, but when you get down to it, it can be overwhelming. I know. I was where you are once.

It's funny to me that so many people I run into inevitably ask me questions about what they should or shouldn't eat, where they find certain ingredients, how they get their family to jump on board, and why it all matters. I have a sweet friend who knows WAY more than I ever will about food and I've peppered her with hundreds of questions for years. I never thought I'd be the go-to girl for nutrition, but I'm happy to share my knowledge with anyone who wants to listen! All of us have a story to tell and mine for now is about how to use the foods God gave us to nourish and heal our bodies. Are you ready?

If you haven't quite started yet, please take the time to read through my blog archives. There you will find critical information you need to know before you get started. Start at my first blog entry and work your way to the present. I go through everything from dairy to seaweeds to grains to organics and GMOs.

For those of you in my area, I am starting Whole Foods tours for anyone interested. For a small fee, I will meet you and up to two others at Whole Foods and walk the aisles, answering your questions and showing you staples you should consider adding to your supplies. Each session will last 1 to 1 1/2 hours. I hope to familiarize you with ingredients you may not have tried before and educate you on why they are important to your diet. If you are interested, please contact me at joineatingtolivewell@gmail.com.

I know starting anything new is daunting. But it's also exciting to mix things up, learn something new and try something different. Everyone I know who has cut out the processed foods in lieu of fresher ingredients has told me how great they feel. It's your turn. Read the blogs, come to Whole Foods with me, and ask me questions by making a Comment to this blog.

Check out my recipes page and if you have a recipe you'd like me to try, I'd love to hear about it! Send me the recipe in the Comment section and if I like it, I'll post it to the Recipes page.

Here's to a healthier YOU in 2013!



No comments: